7 ways to know toxic people
There are people in our life that release toxicity and negativity to make our lives miserable. They are always like a heavy cloud hanging over your head and you sometimes find yourself wishing you would not run into them. Here are seven characters toxic people display.
- They act like they are always right. They talk about people or topics that do not concern you and they never let you speak. Even if they do, they will interrupt you and find a way to turn the conversation to make it about them.
- They want to control everything and everyone around them. They want to be the center of attention so they do everything in their power to achieve that and get irritated when that does not happen.
- They drain your positivity. The first thing they will tell you when you run into them is all the negative things happening around them. They complain and when you try to tell them to be grateful they turn that around as well. These types of people are best avoided.
- They seek your sympathy. No matter what day you meet them on they always have something to complain about. They never take advice from you. This may arise from their need to get attention.
- They are envious. They are never happy for your success or happiness as they are highly insecure. You may notice that from their reaction when you share good news with them. They make comments such as “really?” “I hope it lasts” and etcetera.