1. Castor oil: castor oil improves the speed of hair growth naturally as it is rich in vitamins and essential fatty acids like omega 9. Since this type of oil is not thick, it is possible to mix with coconut, olive and almond oil for usage. One method is to massage hair scalp with this oil, leave on for thirty to forty-five minutes and shampoo. Another method is to add essential oils on the castor oil especially rosemary, mint or lavender oils.
2. Massaging hair scalp: massaging increases the transfer of blood to that area which in turn activates the pores on the scalp. In addition, using deep conditioning hair mask increases the speed of hair growth. First conditioner or warm hair oil is put on hair and then massaged thoroughly for three to five minutes. It is important to rinse hair after this.
3. Keeping head down for two to four minutes daily has been observed to speed up hair growth by improving the blood flow.
4. Being stress free: stress has been proven to be a major cause for hair loss. Stress alters or hinders the normal growth of hair and leads to alopecia. So it is important to decrease the level of stress in one life in order to have a healthy hair growth.
5. Hair mask prepared from eggs: eggs are very helpful to hair growth as in addition to protein they contain iron, sulfur, phosphorus, zinc and selenium. Egg hair masks can be used at least once per month. One preparation method is to beat one egg in a bowl, adding four drops of grape seed oil and a few drops of lavender oil. Leave on hair for 30 minutes, rinse and then shampoo. Another method is to apply and massage two egg yolks on hair then add extra virgin olive oil on it. Leave on hair from 15 to 20 minutes then rinse in cold water.
6. Vegetables: rosemary is a very helpful vegetable for hair growth as it is capable of activating the pores in the scalp; it also makes hair shiny. The compounds in green tea have also been known to speed up hair growth. A way to use one of these would be to boil either one and after applying shampoo and conditioner, rinse with the water. Mixing vegetable oils with shampoo and drinking herbal tea are good options as well.
7. Vitamins and supplements: in addition to what we consume as food, folic acid, biotin, fish oils and other supplements can be taken to improve hair growth. Folic acid and biotin are B complex vitamins. It is important to consult with a doctor before taking any type of supplements.
8. Aloe Vera: aloe vera is not only helpful in hair growth it also reduces dandruff and restores the natural shine of hair. to use aloe vera it is important to mix fresh aloe vera gel with lemon juice, apply on hair, leave for 20 minutes then rinse.
9. Treating health issues: thyroid swelling, hormone imbalance and chronic diseases and heavy infections have been known to hinder hair growth. Contraceptive pills, beta blockers, anabolic steroids, anti depression pills and other medicines can have side effects of hair loss. Some skin and scalp infections can cause minor hair loss and itching. Therefore, it is important to identify the core causes that hinder hair growth and deal with them first.
10. Diet and Nutrition: it is necessary to have a protein and vitamin rich diet in order to speed up hair growth. Vitamin B, C and E, iron, zinc and copper rich meals are preferable. Therefore, consuming milk, cheese, yoghurt, chicken, eggs, unprocessed foods, salmon, spinach, broccoli, pepper, fruit and vegetable juice is vital.