Cinnamon is one of the most beneficial and ancient spices. Hydrogen peroxide, which is found in cinnamon oil and honey, has the capacity to halt the growth of bacteria and fungus. Here are a few known benefits of cinnamon. Cinnamon and honey not only add flavor to our food but due to the anti-bacteria they have within them, they have a long expiration time.
They also have healing properties. Studies show that once upon a time cinnamon had more value than gold. Ancient Chinese medical experts were one of the first to use cinnamon for its healing properties. Cinnamon is good at treating cold, whooping cough, indigestion and muscular strains. In addition to these, cinnamon is also a good energy source.
- Cinnamon is rich in anti-oxidants. This anti-oxidation property has enabled it to last for long period of time and not expire.
- Studies show that cinnamon has properties that curb heart disease by regulating the cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Cinnamon prevents diabetes by regulating the level of blood sugar.
- Cinnamon prevents cancer.
- Prevents infection.
- Good for oral health and fresh breath. Cinnamon is good for treating bad breath and oral diseases.
- Cinnamon could be used to treat migraines.
Even though cinnamon has all these benefits and more, if it is not consumed properly it could have a lot of side effects. Using cinnamon while preparing our tea or coffee enables us to get the most out of its benefits. By just smelling cinnamon, we could improve our memory and enhance the performance of our brains. Cinnamon also prevents leukemia and blood clotting.
Here are a few benefits of the combination of cinnamon and honey.
- South Americans rinse their mouths each morning with a mixture of honey and cinnamon. This helps them to have a fresh breath throughout the whole day.
- By mixing one tablespoon of olive oil, one spoon of cinnamon and honey and applying it on the root of the hair, hair loss can be prevented.
- Mixing honey and cinnamon with warm water and drinking it is very helpful to treat stomach aches.
- Consuming honey and cinnamon helps boost the immune system.
- Greeks have used honey and cinnamon to prevent infertility, especially in men, for thousands of years. Besides the Greeks, the Chinese, Japanese and other far eastern countries have used honey and cinnamon to prevent infertility in women.
- Mixing honey with cinnamon powder and consuming 30 minutes before breakfast each day helps in weight loss.
- Cinnamon is good to treat damaged and dry hair and gives it a lighter and good smelling hair. 2 tablespoons of cinnamon and one teaspoon of honey are required. By mixing them with a cup of conditioner and one teaspoon of lemon juice, applying thoroughly on hair and rinsing after 30 minutes we can get the best results. The hydrogen peroxide in the honey gets activated after cinnamon powder is added to it which would make the hair color lighter.
- The anti-fungal, anti bacterial and anti-oxidant properties of cinnamon can treat acne. It prevents the formation of acne on the skin and treats skin sensitivity. By mixing cinnamon with honey, apply on face and rinse after twenty minutes. If there is a burning sensation on the skin after applying this mixture, it is better not to use at all.