Our country Ethiopia is widely known for her geographic structure and the cultures of the people. Ethiopia, a country that existed for more than 3000 years, has lots of tourism sites that are either natural or man-made. On this article I am going to share with you the top ten tourism sites in Ethiopia and why their tourist attraction is flowing.
10. Here we have the city that is known for her ageless palm trees and lakes which makes the city even more beautiful for the eyes. The city that seduces her visitors into staying even longer, we have Bahirdar. Bahirdar’s prized possession is Lake Tana, which is found in the city, and is the base for the formation of different hotels and resorts which makes it tourists’ favorite.
9. Here we have the Semen Mountains that are found around 50 meters to the north of Gondar. They are found at 3600 meters above sea level and are known to have different indigenous animals together. This place includes Semen Mountains Park, Dashen Mountain, Bujirat and St. Yared Mountains inside. The Semen Mountains Park which is built in 1969 EC contains different indigenous animals together that you won’t find anywhere other than Ethiopia as to why it is one of the main sites for tourism.
8. Here we have Axum who has been the center for our royal families for lots of years. Axum is also known to be the beginning or birth place of modernization. Axum has the ancient statues, churches, coins and other tourist attracting features that makes her one of the most chosen tourism sites.
7. Gondar, a city found to the north of Tana is known to be the place for royalties for lots of time as Axum as well. Found in between Blue Nile, Lake Tana and Semen Mountains on the other side, this place is known to be the mother of Patriots. Gondar is mainly known for Fasiledes which attracts most tourists that come to Ethiopia to be blessed by its presence.
6. Omo Valley is known to be a multicultural place that is has a tolerant and loving community who accept people with open arms. It is found in the East African Rift Valley. The culture, the fossils and additional features that this place has guarantees the arrival of many tourists.
5. Blue Nile Fountain that has been the topic of research for many scientist and interested people from Ethiopia and the world, even initiated argument on possession, the base for the existence of many churches, communities and others around it is one of our country’s main tourism sites.
4. Here we have East African Rift Valley that is known to be created long ago is known to the center of attraction for tourism based on its unique minerals, volcano eruptions And other features.
3. We have Harar here; the love city joined with Dire, a city known to be started by Hijra people and now is a city full of multicultural people with love and also different sightings. Jegol is one of the main sites that are present in Harar followed by the down to earth joyful people who are professionals when it comes to feeding Hyenas which all serve to flow the tourist in the city.
2. Lalibela Church is a place found in the Northern Ethiopia and lies 2630 meters above sea level is said to be built by the king who were ruling in our country from 1180 – 1221 EC. King Lalibela spent 24 years
building this place by hand and then gave his status to their nephew. Lalibela Church is said to be the second Jerusalem. The beauty of the place, the culture of the people who’re there with the addition of the story and dedication behind it makes it a perfect spot for tourism.
1. The hottest place in our country with the average temperature of 34.4oC is Dunkel desert. And on
most days it even reaches 100oC when the clock gets to 11AM just before lunch. The Dunkel desert is known to be one of the ancient places for human inhabitant. The beautiful place that goes as deep in the culture as making tourists feel like they are in other planet with so much to see and so much to learn has captured the heart in every one of them.
The factor for this scale was the number of both local and foreign tourists that went to see and explore these amazing sites.