It may seem difficult but there are ways to lighten darkened lips. Some causes for the darkening of lips are extreme exposure to sunlight, allergies to cheap cosmetic products, consumption of cigarettes, alcohol and drugs and hormone imbalance. Here are simple ways to lighten darkened lips.
- Lemon: lemon is effective to significantly lighten darkened and bruised skin. Squeeze the lemon and apply it to your lips before going to bed continuously for a month. You could also cut the lemon in half and rub is across your lips. This would remove dead skin from your lips and should be done continuously for a week. By mixing half a teaspoon of lemon juice with honey and glycerin apply on lips before going to bed.
- Rose: rose has three main healing properties. It makes the lips cool, soft and moist. It also makes lips lighter. Add a small amount of honey in rose water, mix and apply on lips 3 to 4 times a day. Grind a single rose petal and mix with a teaspoon of butter, honey or milk cream then apply on lips for 3 days a week.
- Olive oil: olive oil has the ability to lighten the lips and make them shinier because of its nutrients that give the lips moisture. Apply olive oil on your lips and massage thoroughly before going to bed each day. Add a few drops of olive oil on sugar, mix and apply continuously for two months.
- Sugar: sugar removes dead cells from the lips and gives you new lips. It also removes unwanted things from the skin. Mix 3 teaspoons of sugar with two teaspoons of butter then apply and massage on lips continuously for a week. By adding almond oil and one tablespoon of honey on powdered sugar, apply on lips once a week.
- Cucumber: cut the cucumber in to pieces and rub the pieces on your lips. Do this once each day.
- Honey: the natural oiliness of honey gives your lips moisture, lightens them and gives them a rosy color. Apply and massage honey on your lips before you go to bed each night and rinse with warm water in the morning. Mix half a teaspoon of yoghurt and honey, apply on lips and leave on for 30 minutes. This could be done once daily.
You must make sure to remove any lipstick or chap stick from the lips every night before you go to bed. Drink enough water and use lip softening creams. Do not use lipsticks frequently. Use quality products from the market. Eat a balance diet.